back to top
Download the ComplaintHub App
Download the ComplaintHub App

PSPCL Helplines: How to File an Electricity Complaint to Punjab State Power Corporation Limited?


Did not find any solution? Ask your questions, complaints, or queries in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) is a state-owned electricity distribution company It is a separate division of Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB), responsible for distribution of electricity across the state of Punjab.

It servers in all districts of Punjab covering areas including Patiala, Sangrur, Barnala, and Ropar districts, as well as parts of Fatehgarh Sahib, Ludhiana, Nawanshahr, Bathinda, Mansa, Amritsar and other border areas districts.

Have complaints about PSPCL electricity services? You can contact PSPCL either by calling their toll-free helpline or by submitting your complaint on PSPCL’s online portal.

Please note: For violations of consumer rights by PSPCL, you can also complain to the National Consumer Helpline (NCH), a national consumer protection authority, under the Department of Consumer Affairs, or take your case to the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC).

Level 1: Customer Care, PSPCL Electricity Board

For any electricity-related concerns such as power outages, billing discrepancies, service interruptions, transformer or fuse issues, and more, you can complain to PSPCL officials and the customer support center using the available contact methods and helpline numbers provided below.

For any complaints related to domestic/NRS new connection, call the helpline number or WhatsApp at +919646175770 or email to

When submitting your complaint, please provide the following information:

  • PSPCL Connection number (if applicable)
  • Type of complaint
  • Detailed description of the issue, along with any relevant photographs or documents, such as bill copies for billing-related complaints

For making bill payment corrections or accessing online services, please visit the PSPCL customer portal.

If your previous complaints have not been resolved, escalate the matter by providing the reference or acknowledgement ID to PSPCL’s Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC).

Still, not resolved? You may further escalate your grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF).

Level 2: Lodge a Grievance to Consumer Forum (CGRF), PSPCL

If your initial complaints to PSPCL Customer Service or Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGR) have not been addressed within 60 days, escalate the case to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF).

The PSPCL Forum functions as a quasi-judicial body under the regulations of the PSERC (CCGRF and Electricity Ombudsman) Regulations.

To file a grievance, follow these steps:

  1. Download the CGRF grievance form: Download
  2. Complete the form with the necessary information or draft an application according to the specified format.
  3. If your complaint involves a monetary dispute, you must deposit the following amounts:
    1. Disputed current electricity bill amount
    2. For other disputes – 20% of the disputed amount not related to the current bill
  4. Attach a copy of the receipt for the deposited amount with your complaint form.
  5. Retain at least one copy of all your documents and the application for your records.
  6. Include all required supporting documents with your application.
  7. Submit the completed form and documents to the CGRF office for your area.
  8. Upon successful submission, you will receive a receipt or a grievance number (Reference number) for your complaint.

Keep the reference number handy for any future correspondence or escalation (if not resolved).

Please note: You must file your grievance within 30 days from either the end of the resolution period or from the date you received the final response from PSPCL, whichever comes first.

Contact Details of CGRF

Contact details to lodge your grievance with CGRF:

CGRF Forum, PSPCL Contact Details
(For South & West Zone, and Khanna Circle)
Address: Grievances Redressal Forum, P1, White House, Rajpura Colony, PSPCL, Patiala-147001.
Phone:  +911752215908
(For Central (Except Khanna Circle), North, and Border Zone)
Address:  The Chairman, Grievances Redressal Forum, 220 kV Sub Station, Opp. Verka Milk Plant, Ferozpur Road, Ludhiana-141001.

Finally, don’t forget to obtain a reference/acknowledgement receipt as proof of submission.

Level 3: Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman, Punjab

As per the PSERC (Electricity Supply, Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, and Electricity Ombudsman) Regulations, you have the right to appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman if:

  • Your complaint with the CGRF of PSPCL was not resolved within 90 days.
  • You are dissatisfied with the resolution proposed by the CGRF.
  • The resolution from the CGRF is incomplete or only partially addresses your complaints.

In such cases, you can escalate your grievance against Punjab State Power Corporation Limited to the Electricity Ombudsman of Punjab.

You must submit your appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman within 30 days of receiving the final decision from the CGRF.

Please note: There is no charge for making a representation to the Electricity Ombudsman, and you do not need a lawyer. However, assistance from the Consumer Advocacy Cell is available if required.

Not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman? You may approach the High Court of Punjab or the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, particularly for issues concerning commercial licenses or specific legal matters.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How can I file a complaint about electricity services with PSPCL?
    You can file a complaint with PSPCL by calling their helpline numbers (1912, 18001801512), sending an email (,, or using their online complaint form. For issues regarding new connections, contact via WhatsApp at +919646175770.
  2. What should I include in my complaint to PSPCL?
    When filing a complaint, include your PSPCL connection number (if applicable), the type of complaint, and a detailed description of the issue. Attach relevant photographs or documents, such as copies of bills for billing-related complaints.
  3. What steps should I take if my complaint to PSPCL remains unresolved?
    If your complaint is not resolved, first escalate it to PSPCL’s Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC). If still unresolved or inadequately addressed, you can escalate further to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) by filling out the CGRF grievance form and following the submission guidelines provided.
  4. How can I escalate a complaint beyond the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF)?
    If the CGRF does not resolve your complaint within 90 days or if you are dissatisfied with their resolution, you can appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Punjab. Appeals must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the CGRF’s final decision.
  5. What should I do if I am not satisfied with the decision of the Electricity Ombudsman?
    If the resolution by the Electricity Ombudsman does not meet your expectations, take your case to the High Court of Punjab or the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, especially for disputes involving commercial licenses or specific legal concerns.


First published on:


The information is verified by the sources as mentioned in the reference section. All the effort is to provide accurate and trustable details in each category. If you have found any discripancy or wrong data of particular post, please report us. Use these details as per your awareness. Complaint Hub Group is not liable for any loss or unexpected incident due to usage of data of the posts. Always use our data within guidelines and don't violate our Terms of Use conditions.

You can talk to us easily! Just go to our Contact Us page and send us a message. Or you can email us at Support - We'll get back to you and help you with your problems so you can solve them faster.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service