back to top
Download the ComplaintHub App
Download the ComplaintHub App

Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh: File a Complaint Against Discoms in Uttar Pradesh to Electricity Ombudsman, UPERC


Did not find any solution? Ask your questions, complaints, or queries in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service

The Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC) is an autonomous body corporate u/s 82 of the Electricity Act, 2003. UPERC regulates and grants licenses to Distribution Companies (Discoms), suppliers, and electricity generation firms operating within the state.

Additionally, the Commission drafts guidelines for the establishment of the Electricity Ombudsman of Uttar Pradesh and Consumer Grievance Redressal Forums within each Discom to handle consumer-related issues and address concerns within the electricity supply industry.

The licenses for Discoms in Uttar Pradesh are issued by UPERC based on recommendations provided by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. Licensees are:

  • Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL)
  • Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (DVVNL)
  • Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (MVVNL)
  • Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PVVNL)
  • Purvanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PUVVNL)
  • Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCO)
  • Noida Power Company Limited (NPDCL)

If your registered complaints to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of respective Discoms are not resolved within 90 days or you are dissatisfied with the final order, then file a complaint or appeal against the PUVVNL, PVVNL, DVVNL, MVVNL, KESCO or NPCL to the Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh with 30 days of final order or expiry of resolution period.

Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh (UPERC)

The Electricity Ombudsman (EO) Office is constituted under the UPERC (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum) Regulations, 2022 and the Electricity Act, 2003 by the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission as a quasi-judicial body to hear the consumer cases or complaints against the licensees or Discom companies.

So, you can file an appeal/representation before the Electricity Ombudsman against your electricity distributor/Discom within 30 days of receiving the final order or expiry of the given resolution period (90 days) to CGRF Forum.

File an Appeal

To file an appeal against Discoms with the Electricity Ombudsman of Uttar Pradesh, write a complaint application on plain paper or fill out the representation form. You can use your right to get relief or demand compensation for any monetary losses, including billing disputes, from the relevant Electricity Board/Distribution Company.

Need any help regarding applicable laws or procedures? You can contact the Consumer Advocacy Cell of the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC) for free legal advice. This service is provided at no cost to consumers/complainants.

To initiate an appeal or petition, please follow the instructions below and download the necessary representation forms.

Required Details

To appeal before the Electricity Ombudsman, consumers have to provide the following:

  1. Download: Petition Form (Hindi)
  2. Representation in writing (English or Hindi), duly signed by the complainant
  3. Consumer Information: Name and address of the consumer
  4. Licensee (Discom): Name and address of the distribution licensee
  5. Representation Details: Facts giving rise to the representation, sought relief, and any other relevant facts.
  6. Supporting Affidavit
  7. Payment Proof (if applicable)
  8. Documents: Attach true copies of the Forum’s order and the original complaint made before the Forum, certified as true copies.

Please note: You have to submit the representation within 30 days from the date of the Forum’s order.

The Case Hearing Fee & Resolution Period:

Petition Fee No Charges
Resolution Period 90 days (may extend with the nature of the case)
Acknowledgment receipt Within 3 days (Immediately, if directly submitted in the office)
Hearing Fees As prescribed by the Ombudsman

Please note: The same represented case should not be pending before any other forum, court, tribunal, arbitrator, or authority. Additionally, it should not fall under sections 126, 127, 135 to 139, 152, and 161 of the Electricity Act.


Follow the instructions to file a petition:

  1. Download the Representation Form of EO, UP:
  2. Prepare a written representation on plain paper if not using the form. Include your name, address, required details, and sign it.
  3. Attach an affidavit supporting your representation, along with a true copy of the forum’s order and the original complaint submitted to the forum.
  4. Submit a copy of your representation form to the Ombudsman’s office and all involved respondents.
  5. If required by the forum’s order, deposit one-third of the specified payment and provide proof along with your representation.
  6. Submit your representation within 30 days from the CGRF Forum’s order date.
  7. To submit the form:
    • Send it by post or visit the office in person.
    • Send an email with the attached documents (Must send or submit the physical form within a week).
  8. After submission, obtain an acknowledgement receipt. Track your case status in the “Track Status” section.

Contact Electricity Ombudsman

Official communication details of the Electricity Ombudsman of Uttar Pradesh to send a representation/appeal form:

Designation Electricity Ombudsman, UP
Phone Number +915222720856
Fax +915222720857
Address Electricity Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, New & Renewable Energy Development Agency (NEDA), Vidyut Niyamak Bhawan, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010.

Note – Are you dissatisfied with the final decision of the Ombudsman of UP? You may take advice from a legal expert to represent your case in the Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh) High Court.

The business or industries can file a petition to the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission to resolve the disputes. Further, they can approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL).

Finally, companies can take legal action by appealing before the judicial bodies (Session, High Court of Uttar Pradesh, or Supreme Court of India).


First published on:


The information is verified by the sources as mentioned in the reference section. All the effort is to provide accurate and trustable details in each category. If you have found any discripancy or wrong data of particular post, please report us. Use these details as per your awareness. Complaint Hub Group is not liable for any loss or unexpected incident due to usage of data of the posts. Always use our data within guidelines and don't violate our Terms of Use conditions.

You can talk to us easily! Just go to our Contact Us page and send us a message. Or you can email us at Support - We'll get back to you and help you with your problems so you can solve them faster.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service