Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JVVNL) is a public electricity distribution company, owned by the Energy Department of the State Government of Rajasthan, India. Jaipur Discom is one of the largest power distributors in Rajasthan’s east and southeast districts.
JVVNL provides its electricity services to the residents of Jaipur, Bharatpur, Kota, Dholpur, Bundi, and other 7 districts (except Kota & Bharatpur city). Many urban and rural customers, businesses, industries, and entrepreneurial startups are currently benefiting from the services of the electricity board (EB) of JVVNL (Jaipur).
12 District Zones and Its Sub-Stations of JVVNL Discom in Rajasthan:
- Sawai Madhopur
Want to register a complaint about no power supply, billing issues, and other electricity supply services of JVVNL? Don’t worry, resolve your issues about these electricity services, power failures, or electricity billing problems.
Due to the terrain hilly region of the Aravalli ranges in Jaipur and other districts, many customers, industries, and tourists have to face issues with frequent outages, interrupted power supply, or failure of transformers.
This leads to loss or delay in day-to-day essential activities. But, at Complainthub, use the verified helpline number, toll-free JVVNL customer care number, and online form to lodge an online complaint about the electricity issues & subsidiary services of Jaipur Discom.
You can complain to JVVNL about:
- No power supply, electricity outages, or failure of the transformer
- Wrong bill, the erroneous amount in the bill, or a high bill amount.
- Pending new JVVNL connection application
- Meter, billings, and poles/wires issues
- Voltage fluctuations, faults, etc.
- Other electricity complaints
To lodge a grievance, call the toll-free helpline number, e-mail your concerns, or WhatsApp your issues as provided in the below tables. Click these numbers or links to register a complaint instantly to the concerned department of JVVNL and the Electricity Board of Jaipur Discom.
Customers can also file an online complaint on the online portal and the links as mentioned below along with social media channels of the electricity Discom. Click and submit your concerns and note down the reference/ticket number to track your complaint status.
Not resolved or dissatisfied with the response of JVVNL? Escalate this complaint to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), JVVNL. Further, you may approach the Electricity Ombudsman of Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC), Rajasthan.
How to Register an Electricity Complaint to Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JVVNL)?
According to the citizen charter of Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, the grievance redressal mechanism is divided into 3 internal levels. Customers or clients of JVVNL can first submit a complaint to the regional or substation of the zone and further to the senior Engineer of the zone or appointed grievance/nodal officer.
|JVVNL – Electricity Complaint Registration Fee & Resolution Time|
|Grievance Fee||₹0 (No Charges)|
|Resolution Time||Immediately or may take 7 to 30 days (depending on the technical or critical issues)|
If complaints are not resolved within the given time by the regional/zonal officers of Jaipur Discom, escalate to the next levels, as mentioned below in the hierarchy list.
- Substation/ Circle/ Zonal Officer, JVVNL
- Substation Officer (Head Engineer)
- Nodal Officer, Circle/ Zonal Office
- Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, JVVNL
- Electricity Ombudsman, RERC
In level 1, submit your complaints through the customer care number, e-mail, or online complaint form (portal) including social media channels like WhatsApp, Twitter, or Facebook. This will be addressed by the Engineer or officers of the sub-station or zonal office of Jaipur Discom.
But in level 2, escalate the unresolved or unsatisfactory complaint to the CGRF (Consumer Grievance Redressal Form) of JVVNL with details of previously submitted issues to the officers of level 1.
Finally, not satisfied with CGRF? File a petition with the Electricity Ombudsman, RERC against the JVVNL (Jaipur Discom) for the unaddressed grievance. Must mention the required details and relevant information as mentioned below sections.
JVVNL Helpline Number
Submit a complaint about electricity service issues through the toll-free helpline number, e-mail, and WhatsApp number of JVVL and the Electricity Board of Jaipur Discom anytime 24×7. The contact details of the sub-station, zonal offices, and regional circles are provided below.
Must Mention These Details to Representatives:
- Name and Customer ID/connection number
- The nature of the complaint (electricity issue)
- The subject of the issue with the category of electricity services
- Other relevant and supporting information or evidence
Click the numbers to call JVVNL customer care representatives.
|Jaipur Discom||Helpline Number|
|JVVNL electricity complaint numbers||1912, 18001806507|
|Toll-free customer care number||18001806127, +911412203000|
|Bill payment customer care no.||+911414113259 (BillDesk), +911414720232 (Bijli Mitra)|
To revise the incorrect meter reading, send a photo or video of the meter with the connection number (K.No.) by WhatsApp to your zonal office of JVVNL. Send meter details and other information to WhatsApp, refer below.
|Zonal Office, JVVNL||WhatsApp Number|
|Jaipur Zone WhatsApp Number||+919413375901|
Want to contact your regional circle officer of JVVNL? Click the below links to get the contact numbers of each circle and submit your concerns.
|Circle, Jaipur Discom||Contact Numbers|
|Alwar||View contact number|
|Baran||View contact number|
|Bharatpur||View contact number|
|Bundi||View contact number|
|Dausa||View contact number|
|Dholpur||View contact number|
|Jaipur City||View contact number|
|Jaipur District||View contact number|
|Jhalawar||View contact number|
|Karauli||View contact number|
|Kota||View contact number|
|Sawai Madhopur||View contact number|
|Tonk||View contact number|
Has the complaint not been resolved within the given resolution time? Dissatisfied with the final redressal? Escalate the case or lodge a grievance to the electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Form (CGRF), JVVNL. Before this, you may also complain online to the concerned nodal officer of your region.
File an Online Electricity Complaint
Electricity consumers can register an online complaint related to a power supply disruption/outage, failure of transformers, billing, or other electricity issues including emergencies due to electricity supply. With the help of Complainthub, submit your concerns online on the JVVNL portal.
Required details to lodge an online complaint:
- Complaint booking (one):
- K.No. (Connection Number)
- Account/Binder Number
- Sub Division Name
- Consumer details:
- Name, mobile number, and communication details
- Category or type of complaint
- A brief description of the issue with electricity services
Visit the links provided below to fill out the online complaint form and submit it to the respective department of Jaipur Discom. Note down and keep the reference number to track the status. You may also file a complaint via e-mail, Bijli Mitra (JVVNL), and social media channels like Twitter and Facebook.
|JVVNL Discom||Submit a concern|
|Register an electricity complaint online||File your complaint|
|Complaint on Bijli Mitra, JVVNL||Lodge complain online|
|Track complaint status||Track status|
Note – If complaints are not resolved or yet not satisfied with the final resolution of JVVNL, lodge an online grievance or write to the CGRF, JVVNL. Also, you may use the below social media channels and the Bijli Mitra app to register your concerns about electricity services.
|JVVNL Discom||Resolution channels|
|Complain on Twitter||@jvvnlccare|
|Self-service, Bijli Mitra||Click Here|
|Vendor Self-Service System||Vendor Mitra|
|Pay your electricity bill online||Pay on Billdesk|
|Bijli Mitra App||Android | iOS|
Apply for New Electricity Connection
Apply online or download the form of Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam and submit it to the nearest sub-station of Jaipur Discom to get a new electricity connection in the east and southeast districts of Rajasthan.
|Jaipur Discom||New Electricity Connection|
|JVVNL electricity connection online||Apply now|
|Download the new connection form||English | Hindi|
|Upbhokta Seva Kendra||Click here|
Note – Have any issues with the new electricity connection? Call the customer care representative or register an online complaint to the regional office of JVVNL.
Dissatisfied with the final resolution? Is it not resolved within the given time? First, escalate this electricity complaint to the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGR Cell), Jaipur Discom. Further, you may approach the CGRF Forum, JVVNL.
Internal Grievance Redressal Cell, JVVNL
As per the grievance redressal policy, the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGR Cell), JVVNL is constituted in 3 levels. You may first escalate the matter to the sub-divisional officer in level 1. Further to the officers of level 2 and level 3 as illustrated below.
The jurisdiction of the IGR Cell includes:
- Grievances of a Non-monetary/general nature such as relating to the quality of supply, defects in service and standards of Performance by the Jaipur Discom:
- Divisional level – Grievance of LT supply consumers of the Division
- Circle (District) level– Grievance of HT /EHT supply consumers of the Circle
- The grievance of monetary nature relating to electricity bills, recovery of arrears, and payment of demand raised by the JVVNL except the cases covered U/s 126 & 135 of the Act:
- Sub-divisional level – Monetary limit of ₹20,000/-
- Divisional level – Monetary limit of ₹50,000/-
- Circle (District) level – Monetary limit of ₹5,00,000/-
Constitution of IGR Cell:
- Sub-Divisional Level
- The Assistant Engineer of the concerned O&M sub-division
- Asstt. Revenue Officer/Sub-divisional Accountant of the concerned sub-division.
- Junior Engineer (O&M) to be nominated
- Divisional Level
- The Executive Engineer (O&M) of the concerned division
- Asstt. Engineer (O&M) and
- Asstt. Revenue Officer of the concerned O&M Sub-division
- A representative of the Internal Audit wing posted at the headquarters
- Circle Level
- Superintending Engineer(O&M)
- Executive Engineer
- Accounts Officer of the circle concerned
- Executive Engineer (Comml)/Sr. Accounts officer if considered necessary to be nominated by the Commercial wing
- Superintending Engineer(M&P) of the area
Lodge a Grievance
Required information to lodge a grievance:
- Name and communication details
- Reference number/acknowledgement receipt of the previous complaint
- Connection id/account no. of JVVNL
- Detailed information about the issue
- Reason for dissatisfaction with final resolution (if any)
- Copy of supporting documents or previous bills (for billing issues)
- Other details with a written grievance letter (application)
Grievance Fee & Resolution Time:
|Grievance fee||₹0 (No fees)|
|Resolution time||30 days (after receiving the grievance)|
|Acknowledgment receipt||Within 24 hours|
- Write a complaint letter or draft an e-mail with the required information.
- Attach the supporting documents, photos, and other scanned proof.
- Send this letter or e-mail to your divisional or circle nodal officer of IGR Cell, JVVNL. Contact details are provided in the table below.
- You may also visit your sub-divisional or circle office to submit the grievance application.
- After successful submission of the application, take the acknowledgement receipt immediately or within 24 hours as proof, and use it to track the status and future reference.
Note – If the grievance is not resolved within 30 days or you are not satisfied with the final decision, lodge a grievance to the CGRF Forum, JVVNL. (see the section below)
Contact number, e-mail, and other details of the appointed nodal officer of IGR Cell your circle, Jaipur Discom: (Click to contact sub-divisional and divisional office)
Not resolved within 30 days or dissatisfied with responses? Lodge a grievance to the CGRF (Forum) of Jaipur Discom.
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, JVVNL
As per the Electricity Act, 2003, each electricity distribution company has to constitute Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) to resolve the unaddressed or unsatisfactory complaints submitted by consumers to the IGR Cell. Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited has also constituted CGRF at the zonal and corporate levels under RERC (Guidelines for redressal of grievances) Regulations, 2008.
The jurisdiction of CGRF (Forum) is:
- Unaddressed/unresolved grievances of a non-monetary/general nature such as relating to the quality of supply, defects in service & standards of performance by the Jaipur Discom:
- Zonal Level – Grievance of LT and HT supply consumers.
- Corporate Level – Grievance of EHT supply consumers
- The grievance of monetary nature relating to electricity bills, recovery of arrears, and payment of demand raised by the Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited except the cases covered U/s 126 & 135 of the Act:
- Zonal Forum – Monetary limit upto ₹5,00,000/-
- Corporate Forum – More than ₹5,00,000/-
The Constitution of the CGRF, Jaipur Discom:
- Zonal Level Forum
- Zonal Chief Engineer
- Sr. Accounts Officer (CGRF) of the zone
- Nominated by the Commission (RERC)
- Corporate Level Forum
- Chairman & Managing Director/Managing Director
- Chief Controller of Accounts
- As nominated by the Commission
Lodge a Grievance
Complaints not resolved within 30 days or dissatisfied with the IGR Cell of your circle of Jaipur Discom? First, lodge a grievance to the zonal level forum and if not resolved or dissatisfied, escalate it to the corporate level forum (CGRF).
- Name and communication details of the complainant
- Nature of the connection and consumer no (if have).
- Name of sub-division/division/circle (IGR Cell) and date of previously submitted complaint
- A copy of the previous order or resolution of IGR Cell (if any)
- Name of Zonal Forum where complaint lodged (in case of appeal to Corporate Level CGRF)
- Detailed information on the pertaining issue and department against whom the grievance has been filed
- Nature of relief sought from the Forum
- Attach a list of supporting documents and other relevant proof (copy of bills for billing issues)
CGRF (Forum) Fee & Resolution Time:
|CGRF Fee||₹0 (No fees)|
|Resolution time||30 days (May extend up to 45 days)|
|Acknowledgment receipt||Within 3 days of receiving the application|
- Download the grievance form of CGRF, JVVNL:
- Fill out the required information in the form or write a grievance letter in this format
- Name, address, and phone no./e-mail of the complainant
- Connection No., division/circle, and category of the grievance
- Detail of complainant, employee/department, and nature of the relief.
- Description of the grievance with facts, information, and supporting arguments.
- Attach all the list of documents and information as mentioned above.
- Finally, submit the grievance form (see the table below):
- Visit the office, e-mail, or send by post to your Zonal level forum of JVVNL
- If not resolved or dissatisfied with the zonal office, appeal to the Corporate Forum (CGRF) of Jaipur Dicom by submitting a grievance letter (same format).
- Don’t forget to take the acknowledgement receipt after the successful submission of your grievance. Usually, the receipt will be sent electronically (e-mail/SMS) or handled to you within 3 days of receiving the form.
Note – Dissatisfied with the final order of the CGRF Forum, JVVNL? Has the grievance not been resolved by the Zonal/Corporate Forum within 30 days? (may extend up to 45 days) In these conditions, file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman, RERC within 30 days of the receiving final order.
Contact number, e-mail, and official details of the Zonal/Corporate CGRF (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum) of Jaipur Discom (Electricity Board).
I. Zonal Level Forum (CGRF), JVVNL
|Zonal Forum, JVVNL||Designation||Phone No.|
|Jaipur Zone||ZCE (JZ)||firstname.lastname@example.org||+911412202403
|Bharatpur Zone||ZCE (BZ)||email@example.com||+915644236080
|Kota Zone||ZCE (KZ)||firstname.lastname@example.org||+917442450066
If not satisfied with Zonal Forum, appeal to the Corporate Level Form from below.
II. Corporate Level Forum (CGRF), JVVNL
1. Managing Director, Jaipur Discom:
|Designation||MD (Managing Director), JVVNL|
|Phone No.||+911412741134, +919413390178|
|Address||CGRF Forum, JVVNL, Vidyut Bhawan, Jyoti Nagar, Jaipur – 302005.|
2. CCOA, JVVNL:
|Phone No.||+911412742014, +919413399044|
|Address||CGRF Forum, JVVNL, Vidyut Bhawan, Jyoti Nagar, Jaipur – 302005.|
Have you not been satisfied with the final order? Is the grievance not resolved within 30 days? If this happens to you, file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman, RERC within 30 days with the appropriate information.
Electricity Ombudsman, Rajasthan
The Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) has constituted the Electricity Ombudsman to hear the cases against the final order of CGRF, JVVNL (Electricity Distributor in Rajasthan).
You have to file a petition against JVVNL to appeal before the Electricity Ombudsman, RERC within 30 days of receiving the final order or expiry of the given resolution period (30 days) to CGRF (Forum), JVVNL.
The Case Hearing Fee & Resolution Period:
|Petition Fee||Fee structure (As prescribed by the Commission)|
|Resolution Period||45 days (may extend with the nature of the case)|
|Acknowledgment receipt||Within 3 days (Immediately, if directly submitted in the office)|
File a petition
Follow the instructions to file a petition with the Ombudsman:
- The petition can be filed online (e-filing) or offline
- Must provide details of previously submitted complaints to JVVNL, IGR Cell, and CGRF of Jaipur Discom Electricity Board.
Ready to file a petition? Visit the link below to contact the Ombudsman, download the representation/petition form, and submit your case online by e-filing.
Note – Not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman? Approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL), and further to the judicial bodies (High Court/Supreme Court of India) against the order passed by the Commission. Before this, must take advice from a legal expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the electricity customer care number of JVVNL to register a complaint?
A. Dial the toll-free customer care number 1912, 18001806507, or call on the JVVNL helpline number 18001806127, +911412203000 and e-mail email@example.com to register a complaint about the electricity services and power outages.
Q. What is the WhatsApp number of JVVNL for electricity services & support?
A. WhatsApp +919414037085 to get help from Jaipur Discom and also file a complaint about the issues of electricity services and new connection.
Q. Where can I complain if problems are not resolved by the regional sub-station of JVVNL?
A. If your complaints are not resolved within the given time, escalate this by complaining to the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGR Cell) of your sub-division, division, and circle based on the electricity issue and monetary loss.
Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by IGR Cell, Jaipur Discom?
A. In this situation, lodge a grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of your Zonal Level Forum and then to the Corporate Level Forum. You may submit this grievance by online form, written application, and e-mail your concerns with reference/acknowledgement receipt of the previous complaint of IGR Cell.
Q. What can I do if my grievance is not resolved within 30 days or not satisfied with the final order of CGRF, JVVNL?
A. If the resolution period exceeds or you are not satisfied with the final order, file a petition against JVVNL to the Electricity Ombudsman, Rajasthan by submitting a representation form. You may approach the Ombudsman by RERC online e-filing, or written representation form, or may seek help by e-mail.