Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JDVVNL) is a public-sector electricity distribution company, owned by the state government of Rajasthan. JDVVNL ensures the supply of electricity in the western and northern districts of Rajasthan.
Jodhpur Discom is divided into 12 distribution circles that include rural, town, and urban regions in Rajasthan. These circles (divisions) of the JDVVNL Electricity Board (EB) are:
- Jodhpur City
- Jodhpur District
- Bikaner City
- Bikaner District
- Sri Ganganagar
Due to many reasons, customers have to face power outages, failure of transformers, or billing disputes (wrong/erroneous amount, arrears, payment issues, etc.) including the new connection.
Have complaints about electricity services? File your online complaint on the grievance portal of JDVVNL. Additionally, call the toll-free helpline number or email/WhatsApp the customer care or officials of concerned divisions of Jodhpur Discom.
Still not resolved? Escalate the complaint to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), JDVVNL. Further, you may approach the Electricity Ombudsman, Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC).
All details and official data are verified, and customers can submit complaints through these helplines and grievance redressal mechanisms.
How to File a Complaint to JDVVNL?
Every customer has the right to get redressal of electricity complaints within the given resolution period. People can approach the concerned department through the JDVVNL helpline number, social channels, and online platforms. The major categories of monetary and non-monetary nature of grievances:
- Power supply
- Electricity bills
- Electric equipment
- Poles and power distribution
- New electricity connection (domestic/industrial)
- Payments: Fees, charges, and penalty
Including other disputes that are not listed above, you may raise your concerns to the respective department of Jodhpur Electricity Board (EB).
|Redressal Time Limit and Fees – JDDVNL|
|Resolution Period||Immediately (24×7) or up to 30 days (depending on technical or critical issues|
|Grievance Fee||No Charges (₹0/-)|
According to the Citizen Charter of Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, the grievance redressal mechanism has 3 levels to handle the complaints.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism – 3 Levels:
- Level 1: Register your complaint to JDVVNL (Jodhpur Discom) through:
- Toll-free helpline number
- Online complaint registration
- Social channels: WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
- Write to the concerned designated officer, sub-station of JDVNNL
- Level 2: Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), JDVVNL
- Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (Sub-Division/Division/Circle Level)
- Grievance Redressal Cum Settlement Forum
- Level 3: Electricity Ombudsman, RERC (Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission)
Note – If your submitted complaints are not resolved by the appointed/designated officials, escalate the grievance to the Grievance Redressal Cum Settlement Forum (CGRF) of JdVVNL. In the last level, you may approach the Electricity Ombudsman, RERC.
Official details to register an electricity complaint to Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited:
JDVVNL Helpline Number
Dial the toll-free customer care/helpline numbers, email, or WhatsApp to JDVVNL Electricity Board to lodge complaints. The official contact details of the zonal/sub-station offices and regional/circles are mentioned below.
Must provide the following details:
- Customer ID/connection number
- The nature of electricity complaint
- Describe the issue with details of location, criticality, technical problems, etc.
- Other relevant evidence (if any)
Click the given numbers to call representatives immediately and resolve your issues.
|JDVVNL electricity complaint number||18001806045|
|Toll-free customer care number||1912|
If you want to contact the designated officers/Engineers of your circle or sub-station, use the official details like the email and phone number of the officials of the concerned power distribution divisions given below.
JDVVNL Regional Offices’ Contact Numbers/Email:
|Circle, Jodhpur Discom||Contact Numbers|
|Barmer||View contact number|
|Bikaner City||View contact number|
|Bikaner District||View contact number|
|Churu||View contact number|
|Hanumangarh||View contact number|
|Jaisalmer||View contact number|
|Jalore||View contact number|
|Jodhpur City||View contact number|
|Jodhpur District||View contact number|
|Pali||View contact number|
|Sirohi||View contact number|
|Sri Ganganagar||View contact number|
Not resolved or dissatisfied with the final resolution? You may escalate the complaint to the concerned Internal Grievance Redressal Cell, JDVVNL. Before this, make your complaint online to the respective power department of Jodhpur Discom.
File a complaint online
Want to lodge a complaint online to JDVVNL? Provide the following details in the online complaint registration form of Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited to file an electricity complaint.
- Complaint booking (Only one):
- K. No. or Account No./Binder Number
- Sub Division Name
- Consumer details:
- Name, mobile number, and contact details
- Complaint details:
- Category or type of complaint
- A brief description of the electricity issue with facts
- Attach supporting documents
Submit the filled-out online form and note down the reference/complaint number to track the status. If not resolved or dissatisfied then use this acknowledgment receipt/number to escalate the grievance.
Visit the links mentioned below to lodge the complaint to JDVVNL:
|JDVVNL Discom||Submit a complaint|
|Register electricity complaints online||File your complaint|
|JDVVNL Web Chat (online)||Click to chat|
|Track complaint status||Track now|
|Smart Meter Consumer Portal||Login/Register|
|Ongoing/Scheduled power outages||Track Outage|
Note – If the submitted complaint is not resolved or dissatisfied with the redressal of JDVVNL, first lodge a grievance online or write to Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) then approach the CGRF, JDVVL at Corporate Office.
Alternative Ways to Submit a Complaint:
|JVVNL Discom||Resolution Channels|
|Web Self-Service (WSS), JDVVNL||Click Here|
|Pay your electricity bill online||Pay on Billdesk|
|Mobile App||Android | iOS|
Apply for New Electricity Connection
Apply online to get a new electricity connection from Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited. Alternatively, you may download the form, fill it out, and submit it to your nearest sub-station of JDVVNL in the northern/western districts of Rajasthan.
|Jodhpur Discom||New Electricity Connection|
|JVVNL electricity connection online||Apply Now|
|Download the new connection form||English | Hindi|
Note – Are you facing any problems while applying for a new power connection? Call the customer care agents or make a complaint online to the concerned sub-divisional office of Jodhpur Discom.
Still not resolved or dissatisfied with the resolution? Escalate the disputed case to the Divisional/Zonal IGR Cell. Further, lodge a grievance to CGRF, JDVVNL against the final order of IGR Cell.
Integrated Grievance Redressal Cell, JDVVNL
According to the R.E.R.C. (Guidelines for Redressal of Grievances) Regulations, 2008 notified by the RERC, if your complaints are not resolved as per your satisfaction within the given resolution period, escalate the complaint to constituted Integrated Grievance Redressal (IGR) Cell of Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam.
The IGR Cell has 3 levels. Escalate the grievance as per the jurisdiction hierarchy of levels, illustrated below:
- For the Non-monetary/general nature complaints, such as the quality of supply, defects in service, and Standards of Performance:
- Divisional level – LT supply consumer disputes
- Circle (District) level– HT /EHT supply consumer complaints of the Circle
- For the monetary nature of grievances like electricity bills, recovery of arrears, settlement of billing amount, monetary loss, payment of demand, etc.
- Sub-divisional level – Monetary limit of ₹10,000/-
- Divisional level – Monetary limit of ₹25,000/-
- Circle (District) level – Monetary limit of ₹3,00,000/-
The Constitution of IGR Cell:
- Sub-Divisional Level
- The Assistant Engineer (AEN)
- Divisional Level
- The Executive Engineer (XEN)
- Circle Level
- Superintending Engineer (SE)
Lodge a grievance to IGR Cell
- Connection id/account no. and communication details
- Reference number/acknowledgment receipt of the previous complaint
- The nature of the disputed matter
- Reason for dissatisfaction with final resolution (if any)
- Brief description of the issue with expected relief
- Copy of supporting documents or previous bills (for billing issues)
Grievance Fee & Resolution Time:
|Grievance fee||₹0 (No fees)|
|Resolution period||30 days (after receiving the grievance)|
|Acknowledgment receipt||Within 24 hours|
- Write a grievance letter with the required information.
- Attach the supporting documents, photos, and other scanned proof.
- Send this letter or e-mail to IGR Cell, JVVNL.
- Alternatively, visit the concerned office to submit the grievance form
Submitted successfully? Don’t forget to take the acknowledgment receipt and use it to track the status.
Note – If not resolved within 30 days or if dissatisfied with the final order, use this receipt to escalate the matter to CGRF of JDVVNL at the Zonal/Corporate Office.
Contact number, e-mail, and other details of the appointed officer of the IGR Cell of your circle, Jodhpur Discom:
|IGR Cell, JDVVNL||Designation||Phone No.|
|Jodhpur City||SE (City)||+firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jodhpur District||SE (DC)||+email@example.com|
|Bikaner District (BKN)||SE (DC)||+firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sri Ganaganagar (SGNR)||SE (O&M)||+email@example.com|
Still dissatisfied? Escalate this grievance to CGRF, JDVVNL as mentioned below.
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, JDVVNL
Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited has constituted the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) under the RERC (Guidelines for redressal of grievances) Regulations, 2008. If you are not satisfied with the final order or your complaint is not resolved within 30 days by IGR Cell then escalate the case by lodging a grievance to Electricity CGRF, JDVVNL.
The jurisdiction of CGRF (Forum) is:
- Non-monetary/general nature complaints relating to the quality of supply, defects in service & standards of performance by the Jodhpur Discom:
- Zonal Level – LT and HT supply consumers.
- Corporate Level – EHT supply consumers
- Monetary nature grievances relating to electricity bills, recovery of arrears, and payment of demand raised by the Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited:
- Zonal Forum – Monetary limit upto ₹3,00,000/-
- Corporate Forum – More than ₹3,00,000/-
The Constitution of the CGRF, JdVVNL:
- Zonal Level Forum
- Zonal Chief Engineer (CE)
- Sr. Accounts Officer (CGRF) of the zone
- Nominated by the Commission (RERC)
- Corporate Level Forum
- Chairman & Managing Director
- Chief Controller of Accounts
- As nominated by the Commission
- Complainant details: Name, contact number, and address
- JdVVNL Connection: K.NO. or Consumer Id
- Acknowledgment receipt and date of the previous complaint to IGR Cell (if have one)
- A copy of any order or response from IGR Cell (if any)
- Zonal Level Forum where complaint lodged (If appealing to Corporate Level CGRF)
- Description of the disputed matter with the department against whom the grievance has been filed
- Nature of relief sought from the Forum
- Attach all supporting documents and other relevant proof (copy of bills for billing issues)
JdVVNL CGRF (Forum) Fee & Resolution Time:
|CGRF Fee||₹0 (No fees)|
|Resolution time||30 days (May extend up to 45 days)|
|Acknowledgment receipt||Within 3 days of receiving the application|
- Download the grievance form of CGRF, JdVVNL:
- Fill out the required information in the form or write a grievance letter in this format
- Name, address, and phone no./e-mail of the complainant
- Connection No., division/circle, and category of the grievance
- Detail of complainant, employee/department, and nature of the relief.
- Include facts, information, and supporting arguments.
- Attach all the documents and information as mentioned above.
- Finally, submit the grievance form:
- Visit the office, e-mail, or send by post to your Zonal forum
- Not resolved or dissatisfied with the zonal office? Appeal to the Corporate Forum (CGRF) of Jodhpur Discom by submitting this grievance letter (same format).
- Must take the acknowledgment receipt of the submitted grievance form. Usually, the receipt will be sent electronically (e-mail/SMS) or handled to you within 3 days of receiving the form.
Contact number, e-mail, and official details of the Zonal/Corporate CGRF (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum) of JdVVNL Electricity Board.
I. Zonal Level Forum (CGRF), JdVVNL
|Zonal Forum, JdVVNL||Designation||Phone No.|
|Jodhpur Zone||ZCE (JDZ)||firstname.lastname@example.org
|Bikaner Zone||ZCE (BZ)||email@example.com
|Barmer Zone||ZCE (BMR)||firstname.lastname@example.org
If not satisfied with Zonal Forum, appeal to the Corporate Level Form from below.
II. Corporate Level Forum (CGRF), JdVVNL
Managing Director, Jodhpur Discom:
|Designation||MD (Managing Director), JdVVNL|
|Phone No.||+912912742229, +912912651200|
|Address||Corporate CGRF Forum, JdVVNL, New Power House, Industrial Area, Jodhpur – 342003, Rajasthan.|
Note – Still dissatisfied with the final order or not resolved within 30 days (may take up to 45 days)? In these conditions, you may file a petition to Electricity Ombudsman, RERC to resolve this dispute with JdVVNL.
Electricity Ombudsman, RERC
According to the rules and regulations of RERC (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Electricity Ombudsman and Consumer Advocacy) Regulations, 2021 issued by Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission, if the submitted grievance to CGRF, JdvvNL is:
- Not resolved within 30 days by Zonal/Corporate CGRF
- Dissatisfied with the final order
- Partially resolved
In these conditions, you can file a petition against Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited to Electricity Ombudsman, Rajasthan.
The Case Hearing Fee & Resolution Period:
|Petition Fee||Fee structure (As prescribed by the Commission)|
|Resolution Period||45 days (may extend with the nature of the case)|
|Acknowledgment receipt||Within 3 days (Immediately, if directly submitted in the office)|
File a Petition
If you want to file a petition then, follow the given instructions below.
- The petition can be filed by online/offline mode
- Must provide details of previously submitted complaints to JdVVNL, IGR Cell, and CGRF of Jodhpur Discom.
Visit the link below to download the representation/petition form, know contact details, and submit your case online by e-filing of RERC.
Note – Dissatisfied with the final order of the Ombudsman? Approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL), and further to the judicial bodies (High Court/Supreme Court of India). Before this, must take advice from a legal expert.
Electricity Complaint Types
The major types of electricity complaints that customers can submit to Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited and can be resolved by the associate authorities:
- Frequent outages of the power supply
- Failure/blast of the transformer or
- Low/high voltage
- Electricity supply disruption due to leaning wires, poles, fallen trees, etc.
- Emergency or accident due to electric spark like a blast or fire, power failure, etc.
- Streetlights are not burning or broken
- Wrong Bill – Erroneous, higher charges, or wrong calculation of billing amount by JdVVNL
- Rebate requests, arrear disputes, discount schemes, etc.
- Misleading calculation/meter reading (units)
- Bill payment failed or paid to the wrong account or other online transaction issues
- Domestic/industrial meter issues like wrong readings, fast/broken meters or wires, etc.
- Upgrade old meter to smart meter
- Smart Meter problems
- Delay in approval or denial of new electricity connection
- Technical issues with the online application
- New connection under Saubhagya Scheme (JdVVNL)
- Deposit refund, meter installation, and service fees for the new connection
- Electric poles, leaning wires, streetlights, and many other services of Jodhpur Discom
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the toll-free customer care number of JDVVNL?
A. Dial the JdVVNL toll-free helpline numbers 18001806045 and 1912 to register your electricity issues. Additionally, you may WhatsApp at +919413359064 or email email@example.com
Q. How can I register a complaint about online JdVVNL billing payment failure?
A. You should email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the failed transaction while paying online your electricity bill to JdVVNL.
Q. Where can I complain if my issues are not resolved by JdVVNL customer care representatives?
A. First, write or e-mail to the Integrated Grievance Redressal Cell (IGR) of your sub-division/division/circle level office. If not resolved within 30 days then escalate the disputed matter to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) at the Zonal/Corporate Level Forum of JdVVNL.
Q. What can I do if I’m not satisfied with the final order of CGRF, JdVVNL?
A. If your complaint is not resolved as per your satisfaction within 30 days, file a petition against JdVVNL to Electricity Ombudsman with the required details of previously submitted complaints.