Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric) is the largest Nigerian power distribution company, based in Ikeja, Lagos State, the most populous and commercial state in Nigeria. The company is owned by a consortium led by NEDC/KEPCO, a Korean-Nigerian joint venture.
Major electricity distribution of Ikeja Electric (IE) is power supply, installation and maintenance of power lines and transformers, as well as the billing and collection of electricity bills for residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
Electricity distribution regions of Ikeja Electric:
- Abule Egba
Have complaints about the electricity service of Ikeja Electric? You can complain to the IE Customer Service Department. Simply give a call using the toll-free Ikeja Electric hotline or Power helpline number. Alternatively, you can also submit your complaint online through the Ikeja Electric mobile app, Email, or WhatsApp.
Resolve the issues related to:
- Power Supply: Complaints related to power outages, irregular electricity availability, and voltage fluctuations, leading to damage to electronic devices and appliances due to higher voltage levels.
- Transformers: Concerns about transformer failure, breakdown, localized power outages, and overloading, resulting from overheating and excess load.
- Billing and Meter: Disputes related to electricity bill correction, high or inaccurate billing, faulty meter readings, meter inspections, and meter change/shift requests.
- Customer Information and Account Changes: Issues concerning the correction/update of customer information like name, mobile number, and email address, as well as changes in account ownership, address updates, and account transfers.
- Service Requests: Complaints involving service and connection requests, such as new electricity connections and permanent/temporary disconnect or reconnect services.
- Tariff Changes: Disputes over tariff and rate changes, including alterations in pricing, time-of-use tariffs, and seasonal rate changes.
Unresolved or dissatisfied with the final resolution provided by Ikeja Electric? You may escalate your complaint to the NERC (Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission) Ikeja Forum Office within 30 days from the previous final response.
How to File an Electricity Complaint of Ikeja Electric?
As per the Customer Redressal Mechanism and Customer’s Right Charter of Ikeja Electric, the grievance redressal mechanism is divided into 3 levels to efficiently and effectively address customer concerns related to electricity services.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
|Registration fee||No Charges (0)|
|Resolution Period||Immediately or up to 30 days (depending on the issue, read the customer’s right to know more)|
Levels of lodging an electricity complaint:
- Level 1: Customer Service, Ikeja Electric
- Toll-free customer care number
- Email or WhatsApp
- Online complaint registration
- IE App
- Level 2: Escalate the unresolved complaint to the NERC Ikeja Forum Office
- Level 3: Escalate the disputed matter to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
Further, you may appeal before the respective regulatory authority or judicial body.
Level 1: Customer Care, Ikeja Electric
At the initial level, contact Ikeja Electric’s Customer Service department, which serves as the primary point of contact for registering electricity complaints or seeking assistance. To do so, call the helpline number or visit the local customer service centres.
When raising a concern, provide the following details:
- Name for identification purpose
- IKEJA Electric Customer ID (if required)
- Nature of complaint
- Description of the issue with location (if required)
- Documents for reference (if any)
Contact Details of Ikeja Electric Customer Service:
- Ikeja Electric Complaint Number: 17000250, +23412272940
- WhatsApp: +2349088951626
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complain online to Ikeja Electric: File a complaint
- Ikeja Electric Service Center/Touch Points: Click Here (ikejaelectric.com)
- Pay your IE bill online: Click to pay (iepins.com.ng)
Level 2: NERC Ikeja Forum Office
If your issue is not resolved even after contacting Ikeja Electric’s Customer Complaints Unit (CCU) at level 1, escalate the complaint to the NERC Ikeja Forum Office. At this stage, the Forum is constituted by NERC will meticulously review the case and initiate appropriate actions to address your grievance.
While escalating your grievance, must mention:
- Complaint Number or acknowledgement details of the previous complaint.
- Reg No. Complainant at the CCU: (Disco)/CCU/Code No.
- Other required details in the grievance form
Contact details of the NERC Ikeja Forum Office:
||Click to Download|
|Regional Forum Office||Click to Contact|
|Address||NERC Ikeja Forum Office – 199 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.|
Level 3: Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
In exceptional situations where customers are dissatisfied with the resolution offered by the NERC Ikeja Forum Office at Level 2, then escalate the complaint by filing a petition against Ikeja Electric to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
The commission hears both parties and delivers a final decision under the defined dispute resolution process. This process ensures fairness and impartiality, guaranteeing that the resolution is just and equitable for all parties involved.
Official details to file a petition with NERC:
|Phone Number||094621414, 094621424|
|Online Petition||Click Here (nerc.gov.ng)|
|Address||Consumer Complaints Unit, NERC – Head Office, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, Plot 1387, Cadastral Zone A00, Central Business District, Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria.|
Note: Still not satisfied with the final order of NERC? You can approach the respective regulatory authority or the judicial body to challenge the decision of the NERC.
Alternatively, you may start an arbitration with the company to resolve the dispute internally.