back to top
Download the ComplaintHub App
Download the ComplaintHub App

APEPDCL Helplines: How to File an Electricity Complaint of Eastern Power Distribution Company of A.P. Limited?


Did not find any solution? Ask your questions, complaints, or queries in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

The Andhra Pradesh Eastern Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL) is a Public Limited electricity distribution company owned by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. It has headquarters in Visakhapatnam.

APEPDCL is responsible for the distribution of electricity in the eastern districts of Andhra Pradesh, which are Srikakulam, Alluri Sitharama Raju, Vizianagaram, Parvathipuram Manyam, Visakhapatnam, Anakapalli, Kakinada, East Godavari, Konaseema, Eluru, and West Godavari.

  • Visakhapatnam Zone: Visakhapatnam Urban/Rural and Srikakulam Division
  • Rajahmundry Zone: Rajahmundry Urban/Rural Kakinada and Amalapuram Division
  • Vijayawada Zone: Vijayawada Urban/Rural, Guntur and Ongole Division

Have complaints about the electricity services of APEPDCL? You can register your concerns with the electricity board through the toll-free helpline number, email, or online complaint registration form.

Please noteFor the violation of consumer rights by APEPDCL, you can also file a consumer complaint to the National Consumer Helpline (NCH), a national consumer protection authority of the Department of Consumer Affairs or Consumer Commission (NCDRC).

Flow Chart for resolution of an electricity complaint in APEPDCL
Flow Chart for resolution of an electricity complaint in APEPDCL

Level 1: File a Complaint to APEPDCL Electricity Board

To register an electricity complaint with the APEPDCL in Andhra Pradesh, you can use the following communication methods:

When submitting your electricity-related complaints, please provide the following details:

  • Service/Connection Number
  • Nature of the Complaint
  • Location of Incident (if applicable)
  • Detailed description and supporting evidence (if necessary), such as copies of bills for billing disputes or other relevant documents.

To pay any outstanding bills or access online services, visit the online consumer portal of the Andhra Pradesh Eastern Power Distribution Company Limited.

For contact details of your regional officers, including sub-divisions, click here.

If your lodged complaints are not resolved, you can escalate the issue to the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) at the sub-divisional offices of APEPDCL in your district.

Note: Further unresolved grievances can be lodged with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) at the district and zonal offices of APEPDCL.

Level 2: Escalate to CGRF Forum, APEPDCL

If your lodged complaints are not resolved by the customer care of APEPDCL, regional offices, or the internal grievance redressal cell, then you can escalate the matter by lodging a grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of the APEPDCL Electricity Board at your zonal office or headquarters.

To lodge a grievance with the CGRF Forum of the Eastern Power Distribution Company of A.P. Limited, you will need to provide the following details:

  • Grievance Form: A written complaint letter on plain paper or use complaint form:
  • Jurisdiction: The forum’s jurisdiction includes five districts related to HT and LT consumers.
  • Grievance Types: Include the nature of your grievance, such as power supply issues, voltage complaints, metering problems, billing issues, delays in new service connections, or any other problems related to the distribution of power supply.
  • Reference: Provide reference/acknowledgement ID of previously lodged complaints with APEPDCL.

As per the Consumer Grievances Redressal Forum Vidyut Ombudsman and Consumer Assistance Regulation 2016, you can submit your grievance in person, via post, email, or fax to the zonal Forum or headquarters within the jurisdiction where the cause of action arises.

Contact Details:

These are the official contact details of the headquarters office where you can approach to escalate the grievance to the CGRF Forum of APEPDCL.

Designation CGRF Forum, APEPDCL
Phone Number +918912564704
Address The Chairperson, C.G.R.F., APEPDCL, Second floor of Vidyuth Sakha Buildings, opposite Green Park Hotel, Visakhapatnam.

Please note: If your issue remains unresolved, you can file a petition or appeal against APEPDCL to the Electricity Ombudsman of Andhra Pradesh, which is a quasi-judicial body.

Level 3: Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman, Andhra Pradesh

The Electricity Ombudsman Office, under the jurisdiction of the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC) and governed by the APERC (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum & Electricity Ombudsman) Regulations, 2016 and the Electricity Act, 2003, operates as an independent quasi-judicial body to handle consumer disputes with licensees.

Consumers who are not satisfied with the final order or have unresolved complaints from the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of APEPDCL within 60 days can file a complaint with the Electricity Ombudsman (EO).

Remember: To appeal to the Ombudsman Office, you must submit your representation form within 30 days of receiving the final order from the APEPDCL Forum. You can use the provided link to submit your appeal:

Please note: There are no charges for filing your appeal.

If you are dissatisfied with the order of the Electricity Ombudsman, you have the option to further appeal before the respective regulatory authority (APERC) or APTEL.

Finally, to challenge the decision of the Electricity Ombudsman, you can take legal action by approaching the appropriate judicial authority such as the High Court of Andhra Pradesh.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is the customer complaint number of the APEPDCL electricity board in East Andhra Pradesh?
    You can file a complaint with APEPDCL by calling their toll-free number at 1912, sending a message via WhatsApp to +918500001912, emailing, or using the online complaint form available on their website.
  2. What should I do if my power supply is interrupted or fails?
    For interruptions or failures in the power supply, contact APEPDCL immediately. The restoration times vary depending on the location—within 4 to 12 hours for fuse-off calls, within 6 to 24 hours for line breakdowns, and within 24 to 48 hours for failed distribution transformers.
  3. What is the procedure to address street light issues or voltage complaints through APEPDCL?
    Street light faults are typically rectified within 24 hours, and replacements for fused or defective units are completed within 7 days. For voltage issues, local problems are addressed within 10 days, but system augmentation issues might take up to 120 days.
  4. How do I escalate unresolved complaints with APEPDCL?
    If your initial complaint remains unresolved, you can escalate the issue to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) at your zonal office or the headquarters of APEPDCL. Provide necessary details including the nature of the grievance and reference ID of the previously lodged complaint.


First published on:


The information is verified by the sources as mentioned in the reference section. All the effort is to provide accurate and trustable details in each category. If you have found any discripancy or wrong data of particular post, please report us. Use these details as per your awareness. Complaint Hub Group is not liable for any loss or unexpected incident due to usage of data of the posts. Always use our data within guidelines and don't violate our Terms of Use conditions.

You can talk to us easily! Just go to our Contact Us page and send us a message. Or you can email us at Support - We'll get back to you and help you with your problems so you can solve them faster.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service