back to top
Download the ComplaintHub App
Download the ComplaintHub App

TPSODL Helplines: How to File an Electricity Complaint to TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited?


Did not find any solution? Ask your questions, complaints, or queries in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL) is a joint venture between Tata Power and the Government of Odisha. TPSODL serves a population of over 94.38 lakh with a consumer base of 22.70 lakh, covering the distribution districts of Ganjam, Gajapati, Kandhamal, Rayagada, Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur, and Boudh.

Have complaints about TPSODL electricity services? You can complain to customer support via the dedicated toll-free helpline number or file your complaint online directly through TPSODL’s portal.

Our Complaint Hub has described the procedures for addressing grievances with TPSODL, including how to contact its Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) as per the guidelines established by the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Authority (OERC).

Please note: In cases of consumer rights violations by TPSODL, you may complain to the National Consumer Helpline (NCH), a national consumer protection authority, under the Department of Consumer Affairs, or with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC).

Level 1: Customer Care, TPSODL Electricity Board

For any electricity-related issues including power outages, billing errors, service disruptions, fuse or transformer failures, or other concerns, you can contact TPSODL officials and the customer care center using the provided communication channels and helpline numbers.

To report unethical practices or bribery by employees, send an email to

When submitting a complaint, provide these details:

  1. TPSODL Connection number (if applicable)
  2. Nature of the complaint
  3. Description of the issue, including any pertinent photographs or documents, such as copies of bills for billing-related complaints

For handling payment or billing adjustments, or to use online services, please visit the TPSODL customer portal (Mobidyut).

If your previous complaints remain unresolved, escalate the issue by providing the reference or acknowledgement ID to TPSODL’s Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC).

If the complaint is still not resolved, escalate your grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF).

Level 2: Lodge a Grievance to Consumer Forum (CGRF), TPSODL

If your previous complaints to TPSODL Customer Service have not been resolved within 30 working days, take the next step by escalating the grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF).

The TPSODL Forum operates as a quasi-judicial body under the regulations of the OERC Distribution (Condition of Supply) Code, 2004.

To file a grievance, you need to provide:

  • A completed grievance form or a written complaint on plain paper. You can download the Grievance Form.
  • Your Consumer Number and contact details.
  • The Reference Number from your earlier complaint to TPSODL.
  • Copies of any previous complaints made to the SDO/EE or another relevant officer, along with any responses received.
  • The specific resolution or outcome you are seeking.
  • Any additional documents that support your complaint.
  • A signed declaration form.

Please note: You must file your grievance within 30 days from either the end of the resolution period or from the date you received the final response from TPSODL, whichever comes first.

Contact Details for CGRF

Contact details to lodge your grievance with CGRF:

CGRF Forum, TPSODL Contact Details
Ganjam, Kandhamala, and Boudh Districts Address: Grievances Redressal Forum, Berhampur (TPSODL), Near De Paul School, Engineering School Road, Berhampur – 760010.
Phone: +916802296176
Jeypore Address:  The President, Grievances Redressal Forum, Jeypore, (TPSODL), At Power House Colony, Jeypore – 764001
Phone: +916854241609

Finally, don’t forget to obtain an acknowledgement receipt for your records after submitting a grievance.

Level 3: Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman, Odisha

As per the OERC (Electricity Supply Code and Standards of Performance of Distribution Licensees) Regulations, you have the right to appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman if:

  • Your complaint with the CGRF of TPSODL remains unresolved after 45 days.
  • You are not satisfied with the resolution proposed by the CGRF.
  • The resolution provided by the CGRF is incomplete or only partially resolves your complaints.

In these situations, you can escalate your grievance against Tata Power Southern Odisha Distribution Limited to the Electricity Ombudsman of Odisha.

You should submit your appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman within 30 days of receiving the final decision from the CGRF.

Please note: The representation is free of charge and does not require any lawyer. However, you can seek guidance from the Consumer Advocacy Cell if needed.

Not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman? You may take your case further to the High Court of Odisha or the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, especially for disputes involving commercial licenses or other specific concerns.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I report a power outage or billing issue to TPSODL?
    You can report issues such as power outages or billing discrepancies to TPSODL by calling their customer care numbers 1912 or 18003456797. Additionally, specific issues like power theft or bribery can be reported via designated email addresses or WhatsApp numbers listed on their contact page.
  2. What should I include when filing a complaint with TPSODL?
    When submitting a complaint, include your TPSODL connection number (if applicable), the nature of your complaint, a detailed description of the issue, and any relevant photographs or documents, such as copies of bills for billing-related complaints. This helps in faster resolution of your issue.
  3. What steps can I take if my complaint to TPSODL remains unresolved?
    If your complaint hasn’t been addressed within 30 working days, you can escalate it to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF). Ensure to provide the grievance form, your consumer number, the reference number of previous complaints, and any supporting documents.
  4. Where can I lodge a grievance with the CGRF for TPSODL?
    Grievances can be lodged at specific addresses for different districts. For example, for Ganjam, Kandhamala, and Boudh districts, grievances can be submitted at the Grievances Redressal Forum in Berhampur. Contact details and addresses for other districts are available on TPSODL’s website.
  5. What should I do if the CGRF’s resolution is unsatisfactory?
    If the resolution by the CGRF is not satisfactory or if the issue remains unresolved after 45 days, you can appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman of Odisha. Your appeal should be filed within 30 days of receiving the final decision from the CGRF.
  6. Is there a charge for filing a complaint with the Electricity Ombudsman?
    No, filing a complaint with the Electricity Ombudsman is free of charge. You do not require legal representation to file the complaint, but you may consult the Consumer Advocacy Cell for assistance if needed.


First published on:


The information is verified by the sources as mentioned in the reference section. All the effort is to provide accurate and trustable details in each category. If you have found any discripancy or wrong data of particular post, please report us. Use these details as per your awareness. Complaint Hub Group is not liable for any loss or unexpected incident due to usage of data of the posts. Always use our data within guidelines and don't violate our Terms of Use conditions.

You can talk to us easily! Just go to our Contact Us page and send us a message. Or you can email us at Support - We'll get back to you and help you with your problems so you can solve them faster.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service