back to top
Download the ComplaintHub App
Download the ComplaintHub App

JKPDD Helplines: Register an Electricity Complaint of Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Department


Did not find any solution? Ask your questions, complaints, or queries in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

The Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Department (JKPDD) is a public utility department under the Government of Jammu and Kashmir, responsible for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity within the union territory.

The JKPDD serves in these districts as:

  • Kashmir Power Distribution Corporation Limited (KPDCL): Distributes electricity in 10 districts, namely Srinagar, Ganderbal, Baramulla, Anantnag, Budgam, Pulwama, Shopian, Kupwara, Kulgam, and Bandipora. It also serves in Ladakh.
  • Jammu Power Distribution Corporation Limited (JPDCL): Covers districts in the Jammu region, including Doda, Jammu, Kathua, Kishtwar, Poonch, Rajouri, Ramban, Reasi, Samba, and Udhampur.

Have complaints about JKPDD electricity services? You can complain to customer support by calling the toll-free electricity helpline number or by registering a complaint online to JKPDD.

Please note: In cases of consumer rights violations by JKPDD, you may complain to the National Consumer Helpline (NCH), a national consumer protection authority, under the Department of Consumer Affairs, or with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC).

Flow Chart for grievance redressal mechanism of JKPDD
Flow Chart for grievance redressal mechanism of JKPDD

Level 1: Customer Care, JKPDD J&K Electricity Board

For issues such as power outages, billing errors, electricity service interruptions, fuse or transformer failures, or any other concerns related to electricity services, you can get in touch with JKPDD officials and the customer care center via these customer care helpline numbers and other available contact methods.

For complaints related to JPDCL, call the helpline number “1800180718.

When submitting a complaint, please provide the following details:

  • JPDCL Connection number (if applicable)
  • Nature of the complaint
  • Description of the issue, with attached photos or documents, such as bill copies for billing-related concerns
  • Additional supporting documents or evidence that could help resolve your issue.

To address any payment or billing corrections or to use online services, please visit the JKPDD customer portal.

Note: To apply for online electricity services or pay your bills, visit here:

If your previous complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction, escalate the case by providing the reference ID to the Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) of JKPDD.

Please note: Still not resolved? You may lodge a grievance with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF).

Level 2: Lodge a Grievance to Consumer Forum (CGRF), JKPDD

If your initial complaints with JPDCL Customer Service and sub-divisional offices are not resolved within 30 working days, escalate the matter by lodging a grievance with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF).

The JPDCL Forum operates under the J&K Electricity Regulatory Commission (CGRF & Ombudsman) Regulations.

Required details to file a grievance include:

  • A grievance form or a written complaint on plain paper
  • JPDCL Consumer Number and contact information
  • Reference Number of the initial complaint (JKPDD)
  • Attach copies of any prior complaints that were submitted to EE or other officers, along with copies of any responses received.
  • Expected relief sought from CGRF
  • Supporting documentation for your claim
  • Signed declaration form

Note: The grievance must be submitted within 30 days after the resolution period has ended or upon receiving the final response from JPDCL, whichever occurs first.

Contact Details of CGRF Forum

Contact details to lodge your grievance with CGRF:

Designation Chairman, CGRF Forum – JPDCL
Phone Number +911912479122
Address Office – Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Jammu Power Distribution Corp. Ltd., Ambedkar Chowk (Panama Chowk), Jammu.

Don’t forget to obtain the acknowledgement receipt for future reference.

Level 3: Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman, J&K

If your grievance submitted to the CGRF Forum is not resolved to your expectations, escalate your complaint to the Electricity Ombudsman of Jammu & Kashmir within 30 days of receiving the final decision from the CGRF.

Additionally, you can email to the J&K Commission at with the reference ID of the previously lodged complaints to the CGRF.

Still, not satisfied with the final order of the Ombudsman? You may approach the High Court of J&K.


First published on:


The information is verified by the sources as mentioned in the reference section. All the effort is to provide accurate and trustable details in each category. If you have found any discripancy or wrong data of particular post, please report us. Use these details as per your awareness. Complaint Hub Group is not liable for any loss or unexpected incident due to usage of data of the posts. Always use our data within guidelines and don't violate our Terms of Use conditions.

You can talk to us easily! Just go to our Contact Us page and send us a message. Or you can email us at Support - We'll get back to you and help you with your problems so you can solve them faster.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service