back to top
Download the ComplaintHub App
Download the ComplaintHub App

HESCOM Helplines: How to File an Electricity Complaint to Hubli Electricity Supply Company Ltd?


Did not find any solution? Ask your questions, complaints, or queries in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

Hubli Electricity Supply Company Ltd (HESCOM) is an electricity distribution company, owned by the government of Karnataka. It is responsible for the power supply to an extensive area that includes the districts of Dharwad, Gadag, Bijapur, Bagalkot, Uttara Kannada, Haveri, and Belgaum. HESCOM provides almost all electricity distribution services including Solar Roof Top (SRTPV) Systems.

Having problems with HESCOM’s electricity services? You can reach out to customer support through the toll-free electricity helpline number, send an email, or file your complaint online to HESCOM.

Please note: In cases of consumer rights violations by the HESCOM Electricity Board, you may complain with the National Consumer Helpline (NCH), which is the national consumer protection authority under the Department of Consumer Affairs, or with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC).

Flow Chart for grievance redressal mechanism of HESCOM Hubli Electricity Board
Flow Chart for grievance redressal mechanism of HESCOM Hubli Electricity Board

Level 1: File a Complaint to Customer Care, HESCOM Electricity Board

To complain about electricity problems like power outages, billing issues, fuse or transformer malfunctions, or any other electricity service-related concerns, you can utilize these communication channels and the customer care number of Hubli Electricity Supply Company.

When filing your complaints, provide the following details:

  • HESCOM Consumer/Connection Number
  • Nature of the Complaint
  • Location of the Issue (if applicable)
  • A detailed description along with any relevant supporting documents, such as bill copies for billing disputes, photographs, or other suitable materials.

For adjustments to bills (rebates or corrections), requests for new connections, or to access online services, visit the HESCOM consumer portal.

For contact information for designated engineers or officials at your local circle, division, and sub-station offices, including subdivisions, refer to the officials’ contact page on the HESCOM website.

If your previous complaints have not been resolved within the designated timeframe, escalate the issue to the Public Grievance Redressal Cell (PGRC) at your nearest divisional office.

Note: If the complaint is still unresolved, further escalate by filing a complaint with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of HESCOM at the Zonal/Circle Offices.

Level 2: Lodge a Grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, HESCOM

If your grievances previously lodged to local divisions, substations, or the Public Grievance Redressal Cell (PGRC) of HESCOM remain unresolved after 30 days, you have the option to escalate your complaint to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) for HESCOM. Initiate this process by filing a grievance at the regional CGRF office.

Remember, your complaint should be submitted within three months from either the date of the final resolution provided or after the deadline for a resolution has passed.

Essential details for submitting a grievance to CGRF for HESCOM:

  • Grievance Form: File your complaint using the official form, which can be downloaded from HESCOM’s website, or write it on plain paper.
  • Reference Number: Include the reference or docket number from your initial complaint to HESCOM to facilitate case tracking and review of previous interactions.
  • Personal Information: Provide your full name, connection number, and contact details including telephone number, email address, and postal address.
  • Nature of Complaint: Detail the issues you are facing with HESCOM services and explicitly state the resolution or compensation you are seeking.
  • Supporting Documents: Attach all relevant documents, such as previous responses from HESCOM. Include copies of past electricity bills for billing disputes, as these are crucial for supporting your case.
  • Declaration Form: Complete and sign a declaration form affirming the accuracy and truthfulness of your complaint to enhance its credibility.


The procedure for lodging a grievance with the CGRF Forum:

  1. Submitting Grievances: You have multiple options for submitting your grievance including in person, by mail, email, or fax. You can use a complaint letter or a designated form for this purpose. HESCOM also has specific Complaint Receiving Centers located at circle offices where you visit in person.
  2. Grievance Handling Procedure: Upon receipt, your grievance will be evaluated and classified based on its urgency and the nature of the issue, which may include service disruptions, connection faults, metering issues, or billing disputes. The Forum will send a copy of your grievance to HESCOM for their feedback and may also request additional documentation from all involved parties.
  3. Hearing and Resolution: The Forum might conduct a hearing if it sees fit. Following a detailed examination of the grievance, the Forum will issue a directive to HESCOM to rectify the problem, potentially involving corrective measures or financial compensation with interest for any undue charges.

Resolution Timelines:

  • For urgent issues such as service interruptions, connection faults, or disconnections, the resolution is generally achieved within 15 to 30 days from the date the grievance was filed.
  • For issues deemed less urgent, the CGRF Forum will try to resolve and deliver orders within 60 days.

Contact Details

Here are the official contact details for the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum at the zonal/circle offices of HESCOM, where you can submit your complaints to the Forum.

CGRF Forum, HESCOM Address of the CGRF, HESCOM
Dharwad Address: O /o Superintending Engineer (El), O&M Circle, HESCOM, Shivagangaa Layout, Keshwapur, Hubballi- 580023
Uttara Kannada Address: O /o Superintending Engineer(El), O&M Circle, HESCOM, Ayyappa Nagar, Sirsi – 581402 (Dist: Uttara Kannada)
Haveri Address: O /o Superintending Engineer (El), O & M Circle, HESCOM, Reg No. BSB, Near B.E.O/Haveri Urban Development Authority Office, Hanchinal Layout, P B Road, Haveri – 581110
Belgavi/Belgaum Address: 0 /o superintending Engineer(El), 0&M Circle, HESCoM, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi/Belgaum-590010
Bagalkot Address: O /o Superintending Engineer(El), O & M Circle, HESCOM, Sector No -6, Road Nd-6 Near Patrika Bhavan, Navanagar, Bagalkot – 587103
Vijayapura Address: O /o Superintending Engineer(El), O & M Circle, HESCOM, Besides BDA Office, Basavana Bagewadi Road, Vijayapura – 585109
Gadag Address: O /o Executive Engineer(El), O & M Division, HESC0M, Mulagunda Naka, Gadag – 582103.

Please note: If not satisfied with the order of CGRF Forum, you have the opportunity to appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman. This appeal must be filed within 30 days after the Forum has issued its order, or once the period for the Forum to resolve the issue has expired.

Level 3: Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka

If you are not satisfied with the final decision from the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum of HESCOM, or if your issue remains unresolved after 30 days, escalate your complaint to the Electricity Ombudsman (EO) in Karnataka by filing a representation.

The Electricity Ombudsman acts as an independent quasi-judicial authority resolving disputes between consumers and HESCOM.

Please remember: You must submit your complaint to the Electricity Ombudsman within 30 days of receiving the final decision from HESCOM’s CGRF.

Note: There is no charge for filing, and legal representation is not necessary. For guidance, the Consumer Advocacy Cell of KERC is available.

If the final decision from the Ombudsman does not meet your expectations, you may file a petition to the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC), specifically for commercial disputes. If needed, the issue can also be escalated to the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL).

Finally, you may consider taking legal action by approaching the High Court of Karnataka to challenge the order of the Ombudsman.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is the customer care number of HESCOM to file an electricity complaint?
    You can report issues by calling the HESCOM complaint numbers (1912, 1902, 18004254754), sending an email to, using WhatsApp (+919480883899), or filing a complaint online through the HESCOM website. You can also visit HESCOM officials in person at zonal or divisional offices.
  2. What details should I provide when filing a complaint to HESCOM?
    When filing your complaint, include your HESCOM Consumer/Connection Number, the nature of the complaint, the location of the issue (if applicable), and a detailed description along with any supporting documents such as copies of bills, photographs, or other relevant materials.
  3. Where can I download the Grievance Form for filing a complaint to the CGRF of HESCOM?
    The Grievance Form can be downloaded from HESCOM’s official website (or above section of CGRF Forum), or you can write your complaint on plain paper if the form is not accessible.
  4. What should I do if my complaint to HESCOM remains unresolved?
    If your complaint remains unresolved within the designated timeframe, escalate the matter to the Public Grievance Redressal Cell (PGRC) at your nearest divisional office. If still unresolved, you can file a complaint with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of HESCOM at the Zonal/Circle Offices.
  5. How long does it take for the CGRF to resolve complaints?
    Urgent issues such as service interruptions, connection faults, or disconnections are typically resolved within 15 to 30 days. Less urgent matters are resolved within 60 days by the CGRF Forum.
  6. What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the resolution provided by the CGRF of HESCOM?
    If you are unsatisfied with the CGRF’s resolution, you can file an appeal with the Electricity Ombudsman of Karnataka within 30 days after the CGRF has issued its order or once the period for the Forum to resolve the issue has expired. If the Ombudsman’s decision is still unsatisfactory, you can escalate to the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) or even approach the High Court of Karnataka.


First published on:


The information is verified by the sources as mentioned in the reference section. All the effort is to provide accurate and trustable details in each category. If you have found any discripancy or wrong data of particular post, please report us. Use these details as per your awareness. Complaint Hub Group is not liable for any loss or unexpected incident due to usage of data of the posts. Always use our data within guidelines and don't violate our Terms of Use conditions.

You can talk to us easily! Just go to our Contact Us page and send us a message. Or you can email us at Support - We'll get back to you and help you with your problems so you can solve them faster.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)

Leave A Review

Quality of service
Customer Service